Saturday, December 31, 2011

You know you're a grown up when...

This post is the beginning of a series I have lovingly titled "You know you're a grown up when..." (thanks, Amy).

This week held a lot of moments for me that had me wondering when exactly it was that I became a responsible adult.

First and foremost, I took my time looking for a decent replacement phone, I didn't rush into anything and I didn't re-up my contract just to get something new.  Hallelujah!  I have patience and thrift-sense!!  $20.50 for a nearly new phone with all the features I need/want.

Secondly, I could have spit nails because I locked myself out of the house on lasagne night, but I refrained from breaking a glass pane in our back door with an axe, even though I had a 3 hour wait until my husband would be home (missing my phone, remember).  There's just something about owning your own home that makes one far less reckless than they might have been in the past (I even unplugged the Christmas tree EVERY time I left the house).

And thirdly, I'm quite gladly staying at HOME on this NYE's night!  I'm thrilled to be at home with my boys and I am so looking forward to ringing in the new year with my true loves and waking up in the morning without a hangover. 

No matter how you choose to spend your New Year's eve, I wish you all a safe and happy holiday!! Out with the old and in with the new; bring it on 2012!!!

xo, Aleisha

No comments:

Post a Comment